Friday, February 18, 2011

Photo Editing Help?

So I'm about to buy my first DSLR (woot!)...I'm just waiting for the Canon T3i to come out in March. Anyway, I was a little scared that I would get it home and the pictures taken inside our house would still be terrible. So my mother-in-law was kind enough to let me borrow hers for a week to try it out. And, oh. my. gosh. I'm so excited to get my own! Freakin' ahhh-mazing.

Here are a few of my favorites - I just love her facial expressions! (I took all of these on auto)




I have a lot to learn about changing the settings and taking pictures without the auto. I also really need to learn some basic photo editing skills. I've been reading articles and watching videos trying to learn as much as I can, but I'm really more of a "learn by doing" type of person. If you have any helpful photography links or book recommendations, please share them!

I really love this picture I took of K swinging the other day, but it's dark and needs some fixing. Any advice on what to do?

1 comment:

  1. I love Understanding Exposure book by Bryan Peterson. It is really great. I also love using Elements for editing. If you have any questions you can ask me. :) By they way I have missed seeing you on Project 365

    ReplyDelete