Thursday, January 13, 2011

15 months update

Warning: I like to use my blog as a baby book, since I don't keep up with the one we have. I haven't updated in awhile and I feel like I need to get this all down in writing before I forget it. This will be a pretty long post, so go ahead and skip it if you don't care about my child's latest developments :)


K is learning so much these days. She can say mama, dada, nana, papa, ball, cheese (when we're taking her picture), cuckoo (from a book from a cuckoo clock), and diaper. She says "mmm" and "nummy nummy" when she's eating. She can recognize and tell you the sounds for cow, horse, dog, cat, duck, lion, monkey, and goat. She says "zzzz" when we zip a zipper. She says sock - but she's always referring to her shoe...we're working on that one. She says "doh pee!" for peekaboo, which is hilarious.

She's picked back up on signing lately, too. She'll sign milk, again (and will say it at the same time), book, and help. She will sometimes try to sign eat or diaper change as well.

She loves books. She will bring us book after book to read. Some days I sit down to read to her and she doesn't get bored with it until an hour later. I loooooove it. I've always really hoped that she would like to read.


At her 15 month checkup, she weighed in at 19 lbs, 8 oz and was 31 inches tall. Meaning that since her 12 month appointment, she grew 1.5 inches, but only an ounce in weight. Her doctor wasn't concerned since she seems to be developing fine. She's been eating like crazy lately, so I think she's trying to make up for it now.

As far as eating goes, she's not terribly picky. One week she might refuse something, but chances are the next she'll like it again. For the most part she's a pretty good eater. Yogurt is her favorite right now and she'll eat anything I mix with it. She's gotten really good at feeding herself with a spoon and only needs my help when she gets to the bottom of the bowl. She'll make a G sound (trying to say "gone") and hand me her spoon to scrape the bowl.


And my favorite piece of news...a couple of days ago, I cooked some pears until they were really soft and decided to let her try them in chunks. She refused them, but I gave her a little fork and showed her how to pick them up and eat them and she ate probably an entire pear that way! Now, I know most of you (if you're even still reading this) are wondering what's the big deal, but y'all, this is HUGE. It's not something I've talked about much on here, but K has had a really rough time with solid foods. She is really prone to choking and until just recently, could not handle any food that was not pureed. Back around Christmas, she got to where she could eat itty bitty pieces of banana without gagging and choking the whole time. We've been easing her into it ever since and it seems to be going well now. Yay!


She's still not walking on her own yet. She hates to fall and is really cautious, so she won't even try. I know she will when she's ready, so I try not to fret over it.

One of her cutest new habits is to tuck her arms in when you hold her. We guess it's because she's cold and wants to snuggle to get warm. Whatever the reason, it is terribly sweet and I'll be sad if/when she quits doing it.

She loves to wave bye-bye (usually comes out like dada, though) to everyone, even complete strangers. She will blow kisses, mostly to Nick.

She continues to amaze and charm us. It's only a matter of time before the full-blown temper tantrums start up, so I'm trying to enjoy every second of her sweet baby-ness :)

1 comment:

  1. She is growing up. So cute!! She says quite a bit of words. yay for the pears.

    ReplyDelete