Sunday, December 19, 2010

My Little Artist

My girl has an artistic nature about her. She loves to color and draw, both on paper and the magna doodle. So I bought a pack of washable Crayola paints and let her try her hand at fingerpainting. My husband looked at me like I was crazy when I told him I was going to do it (totally justified), but I wanted a new activity for her. Doing the same old things day in and day out is going to get boring to her at some point. And even though she's young, I want to help her explore her interests.

So I put her in one of Nick's old shirts and let her have at it.


It was fun.


She made a huge mess.


And she was totally into it until she realized that her hands were dirty.


And then it was game over.

Total meltdown.


So I cleaned her up and we went and found a paintbrush.


All was right with the world again.




Until this happened:



The finished masterpiece (I have no idea why blogger is flipping this vertical)


Despite the "Ohmygoshmyhandsaredirty" meltdown and licking paint off her hands, it was a fun experience. She's done one more painting since this one and I was smart enough to give her a paintbrush from the start (and she didn't eat paint this time, either). Both were done on thin canvases that I bought for cheap at Michaels, but I think we're going to buy her a sketchbook-type thing so we can keep all of her paintings together in one place.

Any suggestions for other fun activities to do with an almost 15 month old?

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha! Dustyn doesn't like getting his hands messy either. Even when he is playing in the dirt he doesn't want his hands dirty. She is so cute. She will be creative like you.

    ReplyDelete