Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Love

Sometimes I look at K and, honestly, she takes my breath away. I stare at her in amazement and wonder how my husband and I made someone so beautiful. So perfect. I love her so fiercely that I could never put it into words, yet any parent reading this knows exactly what I mean.

There are days I wonder if I'll make it til bedtime with my sanity still in tact. Yet all of it is erased by sweet, simple moments. Moments like watching K belly crawl for the first time yesterday. Or when she holds my hand while she's nursing. And when she flashes me one of her gorgeous smiles or laughs at something silly.

One thing's for sure. When I rock my girl to sleep at night and she buries her face in my neck and hugs me close, I can't help but smile. Smile and breathe in her sweet baby smell and thank God that she's mine.

1 comment:

  1. Hi mama-
    I see you are a fellow cloth diapering mama too! I wanted to invite you to stop by & check out my cloth diaper giveaways. I am hosting a baby event & each week I will have new cloth diaper giveaways as well as other baby related products! Thought you maybe interested! Have a great weekend!
    Nicole
    http://mamato3blessings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete