Monday, May 17, 2010

No-Sew Fleece Blanket and Ghostbusters Cake

My baby sister turned 16 yesterday.  Someone please tell me how in the world she's 16 already?!


I made her this easy, no-sew fleece blanket to take along with her on her church trips this summer. Since she'll mostly be using as a lap blanket in the church van, I only used 1.5 yards and it ended up almost square. K helped, of course.


She asked for a Ghostbusters cake, so hubby and I teamed up to make her an awesome cake. This was my first experience decorating a cake with fondant. It was really, really messy. At one point, I was afraid moving was going to be the only solution to ever having a clean kitchen again.



My husband drew the Ghostbusters symbol with icing markers/writers. I have zero artistic ability, so needless to say this would not have turned out nearly as good if it wasn't for him.


 Meanwhile, I cut rectangles out of premade black fondant to create a skyline around the sides of the cake.


Who ya gonna call?

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the cake! It make me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is an amazing cake. You and your husband make a great team! I bet your sister loved it.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cake, I love it!! My son just discovered Ghostbusters and he would love that cake for his birthday. Awesome!!!

    Stopping over from Sew Much Ado we did it Wednesday.

    Rachel
    SewAmbitious

    ReplyDelete