Thursday, May 27, 2010

Hubby's Birthday

 

I made a video of K singing "Happy Birthday" to send to my husband at work on his birthday. He proclaimed it his best birthday present ever :)


I also made him a cake replica of Mjolnir, Thor's hammer. I made it out of two 9x13 chocolate cakes and a homemade peanut butter frosting


I cut one cake in half and stacked and carved it to make the head of the hammer. For the handle, I just cut a single strip from the other cake. I laid the two together and covered the whole thing with gray-colored fondant (marshmallow fondant with a little bit of black food coloring). I used a fondant marker for the writing. 




I cut pre-made brown fondant (leftover from the pack we bought for the Ghostbusters Cake) into strips to "wrap" around the handle. I used a long strip to fashion a "wrist strap" or whatever it's called. Wrist strap sounds kind of girly...I'm sure there's a more appropriate name for it. Feel free to enlighten me.



Happy Birthday, Hun!

No comments:

Post a Comment