Saturday, April 17, 2010

Photo Frame Refashion

3 of my favorite pictures from K's 6 month photo shoot were close-up, black and white pictures. I really wanted a nice way to display these together, but didn't want to spend a fortune on frames. Then I remembered three 10x10 black frames I had from my college apartment, each with 4 picture openings.




So I went to work with my x-acto knife and quilting ruler and cut the inside matting off, leaving me with a perfect 8x8 mat. I used GIMP to make the pictures an 8x8 size, printed them, put them in the frames, and voila!



I hung them on the only open wall in my kitchen. I'm embarrassed to say that we've been living in our house for over a year and I've never bothered to decorate it. But I'm really happy with this. It's an instant mood-brightener :)
 
See those crooked pipes? That's what you get when you live in a 96 year old house. It makes up for those quirky things with loads of charm, though.

1 comment: