Monday, April 19, 2010

Batman! And a Two-Tier Ruffly Skirt

In keeping with my husband's love of comic book related shirts and my love for making K cute little ruffly skirts, I whipped up this outfit.


I made the Batman logo using heat-n-bond and t-shirt scraps, then stitched it to the onesie around the edges for extra security.


The skirt is a two-tier ruffly (I'm pretty sure this is a made up word, but I'm going with it) skirt made from an old t-shirt. I'm now obsessed with making knit skirts this way...who doesn't like free material?? I got the idea for it after seeing a two-tier skirt at Wal-Mart.


Instead of hemming, I used a tight zig-zag stitch while stretching the fabric to make it even rufflier (Again, I'm sorry...I blame it on my husband who loves to make up words when we're playing Scrabble. It's contagious.) I didn't like the proportions on my first try, so I fiddled with it. I ended up getting the look I wanted, but I also ended up with a mini skirt...


Good thing she's got the legs to pull it off ;)

3 comments:

  1. That is too cute! I have often times thought about making a super hero shirt for my little girl. I love the skirt too! I saw you at Skip to my Lou.

    Ashley
    http://cuteasafox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that you have a Batman outfit for your daughter!! It's too stinkin' cute!!

    Alison
    http://oopsey-daisy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG - That's where I got my inspiration too! I'll have to try the ruffle at the bottom! I just left ours raw.

    ReplyDelete