Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Buffalo Chicken Pizza

As I've  mentioned before, one of my goals for this year was to try a new recipe every week. I was in a cooking rut and tired of eating the same few dishes over and over again, so this seemed like a good idea. I'm really enjoying this so far!


This week's new recipe was Buffalo Chicken Pizza. I made this up as I went along since every recipe I found for it contained onions (blech!).

I used this pizza crust recipe* and this sauce recipe (both "new recipe of the week" at some point this year).

How-to:

Cut up about 3/4 lb of chicken into small pieces. Cook over medium-high heat in a little olive oil until cooked through.

Meanwhile, melt 1/4 cup butter over medium-low heat. One melted, added a shake or two of garlic powder and black pepper and a 1/4 cup hot sauce. Stir until well blended. Add cooked chicken and toss to coat.

Spread/roll/toss your pizza dough onto your pan. Sprinkle the dough with hot sauce and spread it out with a spoon (I probably used about 1 tsp, but you could use more or less depending on how spicy you want it to be). Now spread your pizza sauce over the crust.

Top with chicken and any extra wing sauce in the saucepan. I also added chopped pineapple to ours, but my husband also thought it would be good without the pineapple and served with ranch dipping sauce. Top with cheese and bake at 425 degrees for about 25-30 minutes.

It was really, really good! I'll definitely be making this again.

*Note: the pizza crust recipe makes 2 large pizzas - we just put basic toppings on the other one.

No comments:

Post a Comment